Whilst Italians make their coffee from the bottom up (Moka Pot)the French traditionally make their coffee from the top down, traditionally using the French press which we are all familiar with but do you actually know the correct way to use it?
This little post will give you the basic instructions to use the pot that, I a pretty sure, you will have had lying about your kitchen for ages!
French Press Coffee
By December 30, 2012Published:
At last! Now you can use that coffee pot you've had lying arround the house for years!
- Add some hot tap water to your pot to warm it
- Boil the kettle and then allow the water to cool for a few minutes to achieve the optimal temperature for brewing coffee.
- Pour the warm water out of the pot and add coffee, about one tablespoon per cup!
- Add just enough hot water to cover the grounds! Allow to soak for about one minute.
- Add the rest of the water and allow to stand for another 3 - 4 minutes
- Replace the lid and push down the plunger SLOWLY!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress